1. Implementation procedure
2. Implementation's characteristics
The website was designed as a tool to increase citizens’ involvement in public affairs. Its main purpose is to provide space for dialogue between politicians and citizens. At the same time, the webpage will be a tool for improving the flow of information and knowledge management within the Labour Party. It is also used in the course of election campaigns.
After a subscriber logs on, they can select features of their interest, but only members of the party have full access to all features on the website. In fact, the website is used mainly for information purposes for the party members and politicians themselves – current information on the policies and activities carried out by the party is uploaded onto it. The feature, which has proved to be less effective was the online debate between politicians and citizens. Currently, more than 100 thematic groups operates as part of the platform (including a group dealing with national politics, local affairs, business, health, education, sports or entertainment). The following are the website’s functionalities:
- searching for interesting websites/topics on the website;
- searching for other users of the Origo – social networking website
- creating thematic communities/new websites about a specific topic/project and posting opinions by users;
- following posts, plans and events of people participating in a specific thematic domain;
- representing a specific group/organization/company, in discussions as part of so-called “certified role”.
Users create content on forums and by commenting certain events or information. They can also post their assessments of speeches or posts by clicking on an icon of a positive or negative assessment. The functions provided on the website for the members of the Labour Party could not be verified (No Party member status).
Homepage with logging window
View of the website after signing-in.
Some websites are accessible only for the party members – FAKTA.MITTAP.NO website (dedicated to the most current information on the party’s activities and internal discussions) as well as ORGANIZASJON.MITTAP.NO (concerns organized campaigns and trainings).
Each user has access to features which are proper for other social networking media. A user can create their profile, select thematic areas (soner), post comments on the forum and assess other users’ comments by means of giving ‘likes’, post photos, maintain calendar.
View of a window for editing posts. Depending on a user’s preferences, the posts can be visible for everybody, friends and family, only for friends or only for family, or can be treated as a private post.
The website also displays on a map posts from other users, who are located in the vicinity. With default settings up to 100 localizations is visible, on enlarging the map – a bigger number can be viewed.
Website containing information about a potential event organised by the Labour Party
3. Detailed description categories
- informational role fulfilled by public institutions (“we inform”)
- participation and opinions ("we inform and talk")
- Independent website dedicated to the application / solution eGov
- Access to the service using other Internet applications [account on Facebook / Twitter / Google + etc.]
Access to the service requires you to register your account on the site - registration requires a specific data
- email adress
- postal code
- verification via a link sent to your email
- The public consultation the government dialogue with citizens, eg. On infrastructure solutions
- The cooperation of citizens with public institutions (voluntary civic)
- Promotional and informational activities carried out by public institutions
- Social networks (connected with Fb, Twitter, etc.)
- Search engine
- Video materials
- Use of open data provided by public institutions (open date)
- Interactive maps/maps integrated with Google Maps
- Transfer content - text, images, videos, etc.
- Location users
4. Service's/Application's integration with social networking sites
|Origo||number of followers: no data|